Your one-stop source for independent information on skin lightening (i.e. skin bleaching or skin whitening).
There are NO products for sale.
Only unbiased and reliable content to keep you informed and safe.
- Mercury is a dangerous skin lightening ingredient. Read about the dangers of mercury.
- How does taking extra Vitamin C lighten skin? Vitamin C doesn’t just increase the Vitamin C levels in our blood, it also increases two more very important antioxidants – glutathione (a major antioxidant) and Vitamin E (a fat-soluble antioxidant).
- Dermal versus epidermal hyperpigmentation. The depth of excess melanin in hyperpigmented skin matters. This explains why certain skin lightening treatments work for some and not others.
- Lead, mercury and leeches — just some of the ways people in the 1400s whitened their skin. Take a trip back in time and read about some of the ways people used to whiten their skin.
- Monobenzone use comes with high risk. Why monobenzone is one of the worst things anyone with normal skin (i.e. no vitiligo) can use.
- What to do if you’ve been poisoned by mercury from whitening creams. Simple, practical steps to take if you suspect you’ve been poisoned by the mercury in skin lightening creams.
- Dishonest user reviews/comments on skin lightening forums and sites. It’s almost impossible to tell whether an online comment is fake or not, but there are a few red flags you can look out for in order to protect yourself.